Step 1: Turning the Upper Flaps Into a Roof Support.
- Cut the short upper flaps into two isosceles triangles and use masking tape to tape the long flaps to the triangles. Keep the sections cut off for later use.
Step 2: Cutting Out Windows and a Door.
- This part is up to how the user wants their house to look like. This example used a door next to a window at the front and two triangle shaped windows at the gables. Its windows have mullion and transom of a cross window. Feel free to design it the way you want it to.
Step 3: Cutting the Roof.
- Use another cardboard to cut out the roof plate. If the user doesn’t have a wide enough piece of cardboard, glue several parts together.
Step 5: Roofing Part Two.
- Mark the middle of the roof and slightly cut one layer for easier bending. The princess helps to fold the roof. Cover the edges of the cardboard for the painting process.
Step 6: Mount the Roof.
- Use a carpenter's rule to align the roof on the house. Fix the roof to the house with tape.
Step 7: The Chimney.
- Remember the triangles from the beginning? Now we use it to build a chimney. They have the same angle as the gable. Cut all four sides and use masking tape to hold them together. Fold them and cover the outer edges with tape as well. Finally, mount the chimney to the roof.
Step 8: Stabilize With Tape.
- Cover the edges and some fragile pieces with masking tape.
Step 9: Remove Glossy Parts and Cover Dents
- The cardboard box is covered with glossy stickers, which can't keep paint on it. Remove all of them or cover them with masking tape. The dents are covered as well.
Step 10: Priming the House
- Two layers of paint are enough.
Step 11: Window and Door Frame.
- Highlight the frames of the windows and the door in red. The door receives a name sign.
Step 12: Details: Climbing Plant - the Stem.
- This is all up to the user. Cover the house as preferred: with stickers, paint or fabrics. For this example, paint the stem in dark green and wait to let it dry.
Step 13: Details: Climbing Plant - the Leaves.
- Cut a leaf shape into a potato and use it as a stamp to add the laves to the stem.
Step 14: Details: Climbing Plant - the Blossoms.
- To paint all blossoms with a brush would take too long. Use six Q-tips and tape to create a 5-leave blossoms. Use white paint to add the blossoms. When they are dry, use another Q-Tip to add a center with another color.
Step 15: Details: Rain Barrel, Gutter and a Cat.
- For this example, add a rain barrel and a gutter on both sides and a cat on one side.
Step 16: Door Knob.
- Make sure to use washers, because the cardboard can't hold a screw.
Step 17: Done.