Empowers seniors to prevent healthcare fraud. Funded in part by the U.S. Administration on Aging.Texas Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
Contact if you: want to report suspected Medicare fraud or abuse, would like to receive a personal health care journal & informative literature, would like to have an SMP speaker to speak to your community group; or, would be interested in becoming an SMP volunteer.
*** The following are examples of possible Medicare fraud:
* A health care provider bills Medicare for services you never received.
* A supplier bills Medicare for equipment you never got.
* Someone uses another person’s Medicare card to get medical care, supplies, or equipment.
* Someone bills Medicare for home medical equipment after it has been returned.
* A company offers a Medicare drug plan that has not been approved by Medicare.
* A company uses false information to mislead you into joining a Medicare plan.
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina, Wilson
Record last updated:
Dec 13 2016 12:26PM